Monday, September 29, 2014

Who even knows really

Well, sitting here in my once scary dorm room on a Monday evening, I have lost track of which day it is. What I mean by that, is I've stopped counting how many days I've been away from home, and just began to live in the days. It's been quite an experience really! 

Last week, Wednesday to be precise, the group I've gotten close to celebrated Rosh Hashanah with our Jewish friend from Israel. It was honestly such a great moment. We were able to share a holiday together, only after knowing each other a week really. You know the best part? It truly felt like a real holiday. Ya know the kind where mom is cooking all day, and you listen to jazz through the house, and you just have the feeling of content? It was like that!! 

Here's a photo of us all in the Hub, attempting to watch Top Gup, but also sharing in a Jewish tradition: apples and honey for luck.


There have been many moments where I could have just shut down and really cried about home. I will not lie there. It's taken pushing myself out of my comfort zone over and over again, to really begin to feel at home here. It's really just crazy to think, I've not even been here two weeks! 

This past weekend ended Freshers week. And believe it or not, I went to the club. I know! Who would have thought, old soul Lauren would be out on a Saturday night!

Proof:



On Sunday, I went to a church crawl with Yotam, who is Jewish. He rocks. Anyway, in the morning Yotam and Brooke accompanied me to a Catholic Church in town, St. Anne's. It was awesome. 



Honestly the blessings God continues to give to me are overwhelming. Later in the day we checked out another church called Red Church. It was a little chaotic, but I enjoyed the praise and worship!

Today began our first week of class. I was freaking out. I'm sure my boyfriend would tell you that nervous was an understatement. However! My class today went quite smooth, and I get the feeling as though it will be an awesome experience.

Today I also received my first package from America! (Thanks mom) But if you read this and feel a special calling to sending me a letter, or anything of the sorts, here is my address!

Lauren Rabine 
35
Katherine Fletcher
Edge hill university, St. Helens road, Ormskirk, west Lancashire L39 4AH



1 comment:

  1. This little guy is so stinkin cute...details?

    ReplyDelete