Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day Six - Liverpool

Well today was just really filled with so many things. To begin, we had our Study Abroad orientation, which consisted really of a lot of logistical things such as important dates and what not. Which I love!! Me and my planner were a very happy pair :) Just about immediately after our orientation, we made our way into Liverpool!

 

We got off of Liverpool Central and began our tour. Honestly I really just found the city so beautiful, it has the perfect combination of history and modern buildings. For instance, when you first get off the train you walk down the street, to Liverpool 1 which has loads of shops and things. Then if you walk just a little bit further, you hit this:

 

Here you'll find just rich history from all over many periods of time. This is an area I will definitely going back too! Just look at this building here:

 

This building used to be filled with homeless people and rats, in I believe just the 1980s. Now it is an apartment complex, and has shops within! I mean really just cool things! The greatest part is that all museums and historical locations, are FREE. I mean really, what more could a history major ask for.

Check this out:

 

I mean really these buildings are just SO incredible, you can't find stuff like this in the States! We went to two cathedrals today, this one I just thought was so amazing. I was totally overwhelmed, it is just so beautiful:


 

Later we were walking down the street, and out of a hotel restaurant walked the entire Liverpool soccer team. I AM NOT JOKING! Like I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I saw all the people running towards them so I took a few pictures.

So cool right?! Anyway we finished up our trip with dinner in Liverpool 1, and then made our way back on the train to Ormskirk. 

All in all, a long but good day! 








No comments:

Post a Comment