Friday, September 19, 2014

First Day -- Done!

So! I've landed, gotten my room, and been to town more than once. Immediately after landing, I connected with a girl in baggage and we found our connection, Jane, together. From there we met up with a bunch of other American students who are studying at Edge Hill this semester. Here's a quick snap of us all on the bus! 

We took the bus about 45 minutes away from Manchester into our sweet town of Ormskirk! Here's a shot of the entryway:


Getting into school, we grabbed some lunch, had a quick orientation and got our room keys. I am in Katherine Fletcher hall room 35! We have our own place to sleep, however we share one shower and one toilet with our floor. Suuuuuper awesome (note the sarcasm). Anyway my room, while I've added a bit, still has that nice hint of jail:


Town is so awesome, there are pubs everywhere and awesome little shops. On Thursdays and Saturdays there is the market, which has a bunch of odds and ends. We went to Styles, which is a hip bar right in the center of downtown. After all of that, we came back and went to bed, needed to get over that jetlag! However, I slept from about 9pm-2:30am and then was ready to go. Soo I decided scrap booking was a solid idea!


And that's about it for Day one!!








No comments:

Post a Comment