Saturday, September 20, 2014

Day Three - Wales!

Today we took a trip, with just about all of the international students, to Conwy, Wales. It was a beautiful place to go, with a gorgeous castle, and just stunning scenery. Here are just a few pictures from the trip:
This picture is the first one I took after getting off the bus. I had to snap it because one of the guys on the trip, Yotam, said on the way in, "You know we're in Wales because there are English letters in words you cannot pronounce." As you can see from the top part of the sign, there is just no way to decipher the words!
This is from the top of the first wall tower we climbed into. It was really high up, and honestly I was nervous to go on the stairs, they still looked so rustic! But I managed my way to the top to take this, and below is a picture of Yotam, Erin, Evans, David and myself on the wall!

 Here is just a fun picture of me, with the wall in the background!

This here is a picture of the town we were in, Conwy. I took this from the bridge covering the sea, which was a very different smell to take in. Coming from a Great Lakes gal, I think I prefer the smell of fresh water!
As you can see, this is Conwy castle! We didn't have enough time to go inside, but look how beautiful it is!
I took this shot because being a history nerd I thought it was interesting. This was inside of the pub we ate at for lunch, and as can be seen it is an old advertisement for a slave auction. It's just not something you would ever see in the states!

Today was just really an exhausting day, and tomorrow I'm sure will continue the journey. After my previous posts about my rooming floor, I thought it would be good to show a bit of where I'm living.

Here is my room:
 My picture creation I made on my wall! Along with the pillows I had to buy at the Pound Stretcher, so I could get some comfy snoozing.

Here are two storage cupboard spaces, which I've put my suitcases for the time being, along with my awesome slippers!

Another slipper featuring picture, along with a peak into my washroom area.

My desk/dresser area. I've placed my laptop here, and had to purchase a mirror to do my hair!


 Just a closer picture of my washroom space, and behind the sink is my closet, which is pictured below!

 This here is my hall, with 8 other dorm members, and it is co-ed.  As I said in previous postings, us 8 co-ed people share one shower and one toilet. These beautiful rooms are pictured below.






This room here is our kitchen area, with a working stove and oven. Below are our food pantries which we each are given a key to our own!

Tomorrow we have a sort of club fair, to see what things we can get involved in while we're here. A few of us girls are going to look for a Christian fellowship, which hopefully will be just wonderful! Until then!!

1 comment:

  1. Love what you've done with the room. But that shower -- oh my goodness. Wear your flip-flops for sure!

    ReplyDelete